Mark Whiteley is an internationally recognised expert in veins.
- March 1999 – 1st endovenous surgery for varicose veins in UK
- 2001 – With Judy Holdstock, invented TRLOP operation for perforators
- February 2019 – 1st Endovenous Microwave operation in Europe
- May 2019 – 1st commercial HIFU (Echotherapy) treatment of varicose veins in the world
Mark set up The Whiteley Clinic in 2001 to be a centre of excellence in the treatment of:
- Varicose veins
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Venous leg ulcers
- Aesthetic veins (spider veins, facial veins, breast veins, hand veins and feet veins)
Mark Whiteley founded The College of Phlebology in 2011.